I Joined Pinterest

I JOINED PINTEREST! So if you want to see what my wedding would look like, go meet me over there. Just kidding! I'm not planning my wedding (at least not on Pinterest); you should have a significant other to do that kind of thing right? I haven't given any thought to who would cater it, what kind of cake I'd have, the dress, my bridesmaids or color schemes. Never. Definitely not every single waking second of my life.

After what has felt like years of denying that I would be the type of person to find delight in Pinterest, I gave in. Two things happened, within days of each other - two events in which all signs pointed to yes. First, I was hanging out with some peeps at Flaco's in Berkeley, when my girl Ilsa started describing Pinterest. She talked about the pitfalls of the app, and how when it came down to it, Pinterest is simply pictures. YOU JUST LOOK AT PICTURES ON THE INTERNET. I love doing that. I search things on google just to look at the images (Gwen Stefani, Cat Power, Zooey Deschanel, retro owls, and California poppies). So, I get to look at the pictures I'm already gazing at for hours, and put them all in one place? Interesting.

The second thing that happened was that I bought the newest issue of Bust Magazine. One of the articles -- "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Join Pinterest". I signed up on my next day off.

So, I haven't yet made a board for my wedding (because that would be soooo pathetic and desperate, totally unlike my usual behavior) but I have designed my future house and kitchen! Maybe there was a shopping spree at Target yesterday, which was Pinterest fueled. Now that I have my thoughts about decorating and color schemes organized, I must make it a reality.

It's the beginning.