Herbivore Gets a Bad Rap, and Maybe It's for a Reason

Herbivore: People either love it, or they love to hate on it, but still eat there. I don't know where I stand. It took me a long time to go out to eat there, because why would I spend my hard-earned dollars on a vegan restaurant so many people feel "meh" about?

However, the day finally arrived and I ate dinner at Herbivore. I liked it! I got the Chicken Shwarma wrap, because that is what everyone told me was the finest item on the menu. Delicious!

Looking good, Shwarma Wrap! Real good!

Dang Chicken Shwarma Wrap, I think I love you!

AND THEN THERE WAS DESSERT! I'm not a huge dessert fan, but I am a THE biggest blueberry pie fan in the world. Except for maybe my dad -- it runs in the family! So of course I ordered it. Hey, blueberry pie can be hard to find, especially a vegan version.
Perfection!
I left Herbivore pretty stoked. BUT THEN, I went back a couple months later. The wrap was lacking and the customer service was horrendous. We actually started taking dollars out of the tip pile as we waited for our waitress to come back to our table. I know that's awful - I work in the restaurant industry! Seriously, though, the service was that bad.

I'd go back to Herbivore, but I wouldn't be the one to suggest it. I'm glad it's there, and I'm grateful it's completely vegan, but I do not like to be disappointed when shelling out to eat out. So go at your own risk!

They do have fresh vegetable juices that I'm interested in trying! Oh yes, and I went to the same Herbivore both times -- the one on Divisadero.